Sunday, October 18, 2009

Easy on a Sunday morning

Strange sense of serenity has settled over me.
(Should I worry that aliens have taken over my usually slightly frantic & burbling brain?)

No.1's room update: all done bar the shouting and some spotlights. Big sighs of relief & satisfaction.

Men in my life out, being macho at some Sports Expo.
House clean & tidy (at least for now) - and quiet (bliss!). No shouting. No sudden animal shrieks (yes, I know we don't have pets any more but we still have residual beasty noises). No attacks on electric guitar with amp turned RIGHT UP. No arguments about homework or excessive TV or video games.

Just gentle tap of fingers on the keyboard, Radio 4 on laptop (Radio 4 was made for Sunday mornings), and Sunday soups (beef & veg broth for carnivores, spicy meatless minestrone for me) bubbling away on stove.

For once, brain not racing or digging into 'might-haves', 'could-haves', 'should-haves' or 'what-ifs'. Just the splendid isolation of few hours to myself.

Dear God, am officially an old fart. But don't care.

Time for another cuppa and wander onto balcony to check flower boxes. Just call me when my pension check and crossword arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment